Saturday, November 30, 2013

Scum of the Earth

I set out with Nailah and Stormy at 5 pm taking the opposite direction from our usual walks.

I'm walking a killer dog.  The leashes are tightly bound up in my right hand.

A woman with two cute Welsh terriers approaches from the direction we are going.  

She greets us with friendly words, a balm to my anxious state.  She doesn't know Nailah's a killer and I'm a careless dog owner.

We reach Ocean Park Blvd. with cars whizzing past.  I walk toward the place where I can push a button to make a flashing signal light up, presumably stopping cars.  

If a car doesn't stop, well that's okay.  Expiation.

What was I thinking two days ago?  Of course a Rhodesian ridgeback will attack a cat.  

They're bred to be lion hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment