Saturday, November 30, 2013

Questions

Why is the cat alive?

How could she be held in Nailah's jaws and not be injured?

Did Nailah grab her by the scruff of the neck, the way a mother dog carries her pups?  But Callie had a cone on her neck.

Nailah has had two or three litters of pups.  Maybe she grabbed the cat gently.

But she was shaking the cat.

Have they taken the cat to a vet?  I'm sure they would let me know if Callie was injured.

Maybe cats really do have nine lives.

Today I manage Nailah and Stormy's walk with an iron grip.  I understand why the dog training classes say to loop the leash around the thumb and then secure it with all four fingers.  

For Stormy this grip was not really needed, but for Nailah it's very important, and I wrap the leash once more around my whole hand.

I do not let her pull me off the sidewalk.  I do not walk down the block where the attack occurred.


No comments:

Post a Comment