Sunday, November 17, 2013

New Dog on the Block

I learn by email that my next-door neighbors have a new dog, but I can't believe it.

We haven't heard a peep, much less a bark, out of that house.  

The next day I knock on their door to investigate.  I meet Luke, a long lean German shepherd with kind eyes.  He's almost totally black--quite a distinguished character.  The silent type.

This makes a total of six dogs in three houses: Paolo and Shasta are next door on the other side.

All these dogs are rescues except for Stormy, whom we bought for $500 as a Welsh corgi puppy.  She turns out to be our least expensive dog at this point because she's young and has had the fewest medical expenses. 

As I leave, Luke's owner Steve remarks, "Yeah, we're thinking about getting insurance."

Uh--yes, you think?  Living next door to a reality show about the need for dog health insurance policies?  

We should buy them too, but probably Nailah will get refused for her prior medical condition.



No comments:

Post a Comment