Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Friends from Twitter

Rescuing Rhodesian ridgebacks is a normal thing to do, apparently.  

I'm not the only one.

People tweet about it and post photos.

Marci Liroff, for example, tweeted this stunning photo of her 10-year-old ridgeback:  Embedded image permalink

I'm now following her: @marciliroff

That could be Na'ilah in that picture.  Identical dogs.  Big and sweet.

I had no idea when I picked up Na'ilah on that rainy day in the Arizona desert that she was anything but a stray.  

I just saw her standing on a large flat chunk of red sandstone in the distance and thought:  "What a noble looking dog--all alone out here in the desert in the rain.  Whose dog is it?  Why is it out here?"

And from that moment on, things just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment