Friday, April 4, 2014

Good Dog?

I'm so used to saying, "Good dog."

When I walk Na'ilah, feed her, let her in the house or send her back outside, that's what I tend to say.

Now, however, I can't speak those two words without adding a question mark or an ironic comment:

"So far, so good today, Na'ilah.  You haven't killed any cats."

"Na'ilah, are you a good doggie today?  You aren't going to attack any cats, are you?"

John points out that she may get in trouble when I take her to Colorado for the summer.  There are deer, skunks,  and porcupines, not to mention moles, chipmunks, weasels, and coyotes.

I guess I'll have to keep her on a leash even though there are whole mountainsides just outside the door.

I do not want to be pulling porcupine quills out of her muzzle with a pair of pliers as I did twice for our previous dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment