Saturday, January 25, 2014

Gratitude

I can't believe it.  

I'm holding a check for $4200, reimbursement from State Farm Insurance for costs incurred when my dog bit a cat.  It arrived today.

The main thing is that Kali, the cat, survived--after surgery.

On Thanksgiving Day when Na'ilah bit the cat, I offered to pay for x-rays and any medical care needed.  I had no idea how much that could actually cost.

Repair of four hernias--four holes in Kali's intestinal lining caused by Na'ilah biting her twice (two big incisors grabbing her each time)--requires expert training.

Now that cost can be removed from my credit card, where it landed.

Today I am wiser about Rhodesian ridgebacks--I know they are trained to hunt down lions.  

I know that my dog staring intently at a cat or any other living creature, even while wagging its tail, is preliminary to an attack.  It's an aggressive stare.

Today Na'ilah is in a dog obedience class, where she and I are learning how to handle any situation where her instincts threaten to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment